If your internet is not functioning at all, you may have to reboot your router.
To Reboot your Router, follow these steps.
- First make sure you have power to your Router.
- Disconnect the router and wait for 30 seconds
- Reconnect the router and let it reboot
Once that is done, you should have internet access again.
To keep your router running smoothly, here are some great tips:
- Once per month, Reboot Router. To do this, unplug the POWER CORD from your Router. Wait at least 30 seconds and plug the Power Cord back into the Router. It will reboot in about 1 minute.
- Every 6 months, log into your Router and Update the Firmware. If you are unsure how to do this, contact the toll free number for the manufacturer of your Router. Their Customer Service will walk you through this process.
Not sure if you are getting the optimal speed? Try this:
- Go to speakeasy.net/speedtest with NO other devices running in the background and run a speed test. Bypass the router if needed. To do this, simply unplug the Ethernet cable from your Router and plug it directly into your computer. This is a “direct link” between our Internet and your computer.